Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Coming up! Maggie Stiefvater and Aimee Bender!



Oh yes, we have some treats for you this summer. So far we have confirmed our interview with Maggie Stiefvater, our first young adult author, for her book Linger, the sequel to Shiver. I've started reading it, and I'm really enjoying it. It's funny how I've had this silly bias against young adult books for so long. It's like once I turned eighteen I got all elitist. Well, Linger has proven me wrong, and I'm really excited for the interview. As a special bonus, Stiefvater is actually coming in for an author event at the bookstore where I work- Once Upon a Time- in Montrose. That will be July 27th at 6pm at 2207 Honolulu Ave. Montrose, CA 91020. Prose and Cons will interview Stiefvater the Sunday before that, July 25th, at 1pm Pacific Standard Time. Write in with questions if you have any! You can listen to the show live through the facebook invite or the blog page or you can wait for it to be archived here.

Also, I just got a book in the mail that I've been waiting for what feels like eons to read. That's right: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake! The new book by Aimee Bender! Now, Aimee Bender was my secret reason for wanting to do this show in the first place. I've wanted to pick her brain forever, and now I actually get to! And so can you! Send me questions. I'm sure she would love to answer them. I met her twice about a month ago, and she is so so so nice. It's ridiculous how wonderful she is. She lived up to my expectations and surpassed them. I just started reading Lemon Cake, and I love it, but we don't have a date picked out yet. It's possible she will come before Stiefvater. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment